SEMA Racking Inspections
By employing a SEMA Approved Rack Inspector from BSE you can be confident that your storage racking is being inspected to the highest standards.
Looking for SEMA Racking Inspectors?
BSE UK is proud to offer independent Racking Inspections across the UK.
Get your warehouse racking inspected by our in house SARI (SEMA Approved Rack Inspector) and receive a comprehensive damage report, which classifies all damages in line with the latest SEMA guidelines using a simple traffic light system – green risk, amber risk and red risk.
Why Choose BSE UK for your Rack Inspections?
Rack Safety with BSE UK
BSE UK offer a fully comprehensive racking inspection and repairs service, all completed to SEMA guidelines and standards.
Watch our video to find out more about SEMA, rack inspections and the importance of rack safety.
Do I need a SEMA Racking Inspection?
Rack inspections are required under the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and PUWER Guidelines, because pallet racking ‘falls under the category of work equipment, which must be maintained and inspected on a regular basis’. Rack Inspections are highly recommended where…
- Damage to racking exists
- Risk that racking could become damaged
- You are required to meet health and safety legislation i.e. HSE, SEMA
- Taking precautionary measures to prevent accidents
- Calculating the load capacity of your storage system
Why should I use a SEMA Approved Inspector?
By employing a SEMA Approved Rack Inspector you can relax in the knowledge that your racking is being kept to the high standards outlined by SEMA.
As a SEMA Distributor Company, BSE UK is approved by SEMA to provide industry leading products and services in order to ensure peace of mind and to guarantee optimum health and safety standards for your business.
We carry out SEMA Inspections on…
- All makes of pallet racking
- Industrial shelving systems
- Mezzanine floors used for storageYour
Your Racking Inspection will include…
- A detailed health report on your pallet racking or shelving system.
- Report carried out in line with the latest SEMA Codes of Practice.
- Clarification of all damages.
- Recommendations and observations of your warehouse operation in relation to storage and good working practices.
Request Your Tailored Quote
Dennis is now a SEMA approved inspector for Cantilever Racking
WOW, is there anything he can’t do? As most of you will know Dennis has been as SEMA approved rack inspector for some time now...
"Thank you for this, I'm very impressed with this racking inspection report! it is well laid out, well presented and best of all I can understand it (unlike some reports I see!)
Many thanks to Dennis and your team for completing this"
Facilities Manager - Bristol
SEMA Racking Inspection Checklist
Regardless of whether you chose BSE UK for your SEMA inspections, you should be aware of the importance of inspecting your storage system regularly. In keeping with the HSE document "Warehousing & Storage: Keep it safe’, we would advise the following system for maintaining a safe rack inspection process:
- Immediate Reporting - report all damage as soon as it occurs. It's important that forklift truck drivers and warehouse operatives are aware of their responsibilities. A system should exist where all damage is reported immediately so the appropriate action can be taken.
- Inhouse Visual Inspections – a risk assessment should be carried out and a view taken as to what is a reasonable frequency for visual inspections to the racking. Many companies carry out weekly visual inspections to keep on top of damages and to identify any major issues. Formal records of these inspections should be maintained. Contact us for advice on your own internal inspections
- Expert Inspections by SEMA inspectors – A ‘technically competent’ person should be appointed to carry out a detailed inspection on the racking system at least once annually. Our independent rack inspectors are fully qualified to carry out these annual inspections.
Signs that your racking needs replacing
Not only is this insufficient for keeping up productive workflow and much needed organisation, but it poses a huge health and safety risk to all those in the workplace...
Rack Inspection Check List
Carrying out routine in-house visual inspections can help to identify damage to your system before it becomes dangerous and expensive to repair. When carrying out visual inspections of your racking, take note of any damage.
SEMA Distributor Company
SEMA are passionate about developing and influencing Codes of Practice, providing guidelines for safe design, installation and use of all types of storage equipment. Bristol Storage are fully approved for peace of mind.
Will Cutting Corners Cost You?
A racking collapse is a dramatic event, and can result in death, injury, temporary closure of the business, and a costly and time consuming HSE investigation, leaving company's finances and director's personal liabilities exposed.
Bristol Storage Equipment Limited
Unit 28 Brunel Way,
Sign up to receive our newsletter
By submitting this form you agree to our privacy and data protection policy which governs how we deal with personal data.